Recycling Powered by AtWork!
Recycling services that benefit the community, the earth, and job seekers.
The AtWork! Recycling Center is a free community drop-off site for all kinds of recyclable products every day of the week.
AtWork! staffers assist customers, sort commodities for shipment and resale, and are always on the lookout for innovative ways to recycle. Our Recycling Center demonstrates AtWork!’s mission of providing valuable community and environmental services, while providing good jobs to people with disabilities.
Hours: Open for drop-off every day during daylight hours.
Staffed hours: Mon., Tues., Thurs. and Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The following items are accepted at all times, at no charge:
- Aluminum Cans*
- Cardboard (Broken Down, No Wax Cartons)
- Cell Phones
- CDs, DVDs, and Jewel Cases
- Circuit Boards
- Computer Scrap
- Electronic Scrap
- Glass Bottles and Jars (No Lids)
- Inkjet Cartridges
- Metal Cabinets and Metal Furniture
- Mixed Paper
- Phone Books
- Plastic Containers and Bottles (No Lids)
- Scrap Metal
- Televisions (customers must unload)
- Tin Cans*
- White Ledger Paper
- Wire and Cabling
*Sorry, but the can buy-back program is no longer in effect.
The following items are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
We shred confidential documents at 50 cents per pound with a $10 dollar minimum charge. To personally witness the destruction of your documents please arrive no later than 1:00 pm M, T, Th, or F.
Computer Peripherals and Office Equipment – $2 per item
Keyboards and Mice
Printers (20” and smaller)
UPS Computer Backups
$2 per item:
DVD Players and VCRs
$5 per item:
$10 per item:
Lawnmowers (Tires must be removed and all fluids drained)
Washers and Dryers
Batteries – rechargeable and non-rechargeable (must be separated) 50 cents per pound (donation)
Fluorescent Bulbs – 50 cents each (donation)
Fluorescent Tubes (must be longer than four feet) – $1 each (donation)
We do not accept the following items:
- Aerosol Cans
- Air Conditioners
- Auto Glass
- Bubble Wrap
- Car Batteries
- Christmas Trees
- Fluids of any kind
- Furniture other than metal
- Gas and Gas Cans
- Hazardous Liquids
- Hazardous Materials
- Helium Tanks
- Items Containing Freon
- Light Fixtures with Ballasts
- Materials Containing PCBs
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Medical Waste
- Metal Fencing (Uncoiled)
- Oil and Oil Cans
- Packing Peanuts
- Paint and Paint Cans
- Personal Garbage
- Pet Food
- Propane Tanks
- Stretch Wrap
We encourage you to learn more about recycling by visiting the King County Solid Waste website for more information on ways you can reduce, reuse, and recycle!
Directions to the Recycling Center
I-90 E Route
- I-90 E
- Take exit 17 for Front St 0.3 mi
- Merge onto Front St N 246 ft
- Turn right toward NW Gilman Blvd 115 ft
- Turn right at NW Gilman Blvd 0.1 mi
- Turn Left at 7th Ave NW
- Take exit 15 for WA-900 W/17th Ave NW toward Lk Sammamish State Park/Renton 0.4 mi
- Turn right at 17th Ave NW/Renton-Issaquah Rd SE/WA-900 0.1 mi
- Turn left at NW Gilman Blvd 0.8 mi
- Turn right at 7th Ave NW 0.3 mi
- WA-900 Route
- Renton-Issaquah Rd SE/WA-900 3.7 mi
- Turn right at NW Gilman Blvd 0.8 mi
- Turn right at 7th Ave NW 0.2 mi
- Issaquah Hobart Rd Route
- Head north on Issaquah Hobart Rd SE toward SE 104th St 0.6 mi
- Continue on Front St S 1.0 mi
- Turn left at SW Newport Way 1.0 mi
- Turn right at NW Juniper St 0.1 mi
- Turn left at 7th Ave NW 492 ft
Unsure what we recycle?
Need a question answered?
Call the recycle yard between 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, weekdays, at (425)274-4020.
E-mail: Wendy Green at email@example.com
City of Issaquah Resource Conservation Office
Working to conserve and protect Issaquah’s natural resources for a sustainable community.